homelifewithbjbuiltonrockintothekingdomcontact

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

planes, trains & automobiles

i have so much left to see!

i tried not to highlight any states that i've only driven or flown through, instead only states that i've actually spent time in. i've only been to 44% of our great states, not even half! the west & the north east aren't getting any love from me. geesh, how disappointing! i have so much adventuring left to do...and this is only the U.S.!

.world here i come.
of the states i haven't ventured to what would you reccommend??
maybe it will be my next vacay.

make your own map {here} & i saw this fancy gadget on jenny's blog {here
}
.now some adventure quotes for your enjoyment.
let me start this off right...
"the cool thing about being famous is traveling. i have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada & stuff"
“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
“A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.”
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”

not really about travel but too good to not share:

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -- Jack Handey

i found these quotes {here} & {here}

2 comments:

  1. Oregon is beautiful! You know how I feel about Arizona... and I have heard Vermont is beautiful in the fall:)

    I want to go to so many more places!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your blog! Traveling is the best...but I've seen far LESS states than you. I vicariously live through my older brother who I call my World Traveler brother. He went to Ireland for St. Patty's day and was in Germany for Oktober Fest!!

    ReplyDelete

i am thrilled to see your comments. please give me some more to be thrilled about...