homelifewithbjbuiltonrockintothekingdomcontact

Thursday, August 27, 2009

another mixed up day in the life of jen

here is one more long & random post {just for jules}!

so this week has been super eventful so far & will only get worse {or better depending on how you look at it} as it goes on. here's a little preview of my week from now through sunday. we have fun on top of fun on top of fun!


first of all, my friend shannon who has moved to SC is coming to town tonight for the weekend. i am thrilled! i hope we get to have tons of time catching up & visiting.

i'm sure you don't need a play-by-play of my life but that may be a little of what this turns in to. tonight after work i am rushing off to our new place to do a final walk through {yay}. tomorrow morning i have to come into work for a half-day {blah} and then go close on our house {yay} pending that everything that we've set up doesn't fall through! we keep getting phone calls of distressed lenders & realtors with scary news that turns out to be nothing. we pray that it will all come together in god's timing {which we hope is tomorrow}! prayers welcome.

saturday is MOVE IN DAY! the parents, aunts, uncles, siblings & cousins will all be in & out through the day helping us with this new endeavor. unfortunately i have the strength of a 6 year old child so i won't be much help in the heavy lifting department. we're so blessed to have so many helpers! hopefully some friends will be able to swing by as well and see the new pad!

move in day will give way to ryan & carly's wedding in the evening. these are two friends that i am incredibly happy for. i can't wait to celebrate with them. the blog world may even get to see a few pics of these up-coming events.

and finally, sunday...i'm sure our house will still be a disaster so i have big plans to continue unpacking {if i ever wake up from my saturday night self-induced dance coma}.

more importantly, at 3:00 at the pond at southland my mom stephanie will be getting baptized. it will be an outward display of what is happening internally. she will be crucified with christ in his death & raised again with her sin buried in the waters of baptism. i can't wait to be a witness to such a great occasion. all you friends are welcome to join {i know some of you ladies were interested}.

enough with my schedule...on to other news. i have an announcement:

WELCOME UK STUDENTS...now that you're here please don't ever leave your dorms. traffic has become ridiculous once again now that 30,000 college students have descended onto lexington. this is my view for at least an hour of every day. {tail lights}


here are three things that are now sitting on the floor that i can't wait to hang up {on walls} in the new place! just a little preview. they don't go together but just throughout the house.

imagine over a door frame with khaki colored walls behind
i don't know if this will go in a bathroom, laundry room or on the inside of a closet but i just loved its distressed look & glass hooks so i bought it.
this is a jewelry organizer. i think its dainty. i also don't know where this will live but i think it's sweet. earrings go along the top. necklaces hang on the hooks on the side and along the bottom. bangles & bracklets slide onto the bar settled on the hooks. this was a christmas gift from nana. thank you nana & urban outfitters.
to complete the longest longest post ever. here's a song that's been ringing through my head all day. then sings my soul...how great thou art!

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

traffic shot from flickr photographer "Way Opening"

No comments:

Post a Comment

i am thrilled to see your comments. please give me some more to be thrilled about...