homelifewithbjbuiltonrockintothekingdomcontact

Monday, August 16, 2010

the bread of LIFE

this weekend was pretty much perfect.  unfortunately, my camera was powerless.  so weekend, you must live in word & memory.  i'll do my best to record you.


it started with beth moore with my mother-in-love, mary & momma steph.  the perfect way to kick off the weekend if you ask me.  i adored getting to spend time with these two wonderful women!  i am continually amazed at how blessed ben & i are to have such caring, encouraging & fun family surrounding us.  it is so awesome to see the Lord moving in the lives of people we love.  we don't deserve such a gift!


beth taught from jeremiah.  {yes, her hair was big & she was very enthusiastic...i knew you were wondering}  some of the key points that i was challenged by, convicted of, reminded about, encouraged to... were:


that jeremiah {the man} and his mission {prophesying to judah & jerusalem & lead them to God} were one.  the man & his mission were one.  his heart was never detached from His work in the Lord.  i loved that reality.  i loved knowing that my heart should be tied up so closely to my mission.  that like jeremiah, or paul or JESUS that my heart would be burdened & ache for the people i love who are living apart from Christ.  it was an encouragement to me.  Lord, let me be burdened & feel urgency to point people to you.  let my heart & my mission be one.


jeremiah 2:5b: "They followed worthless idols and became worthless themselves."  you become what you follow.  yikes.


much of jeremiah tells of the story of Israel who were God's chosen people, His bride.  Israel was turning to every other lover to be filled & continued to forsake the Lord.  Israel's story just rang so true of OUR story.  of our Sin.  it stung & it hurt but it was true.  and the Lord was / IS faithful.  even though Israel rejected God, the Lord had a purpose for them.  it is a beautiful love story.


beth said {in other words} that Israel {and we} are searching everywhere for Life.  giving ourself to anything that MIGHT bring you purpose or joy.   deep down, you want purpose more than painlessness.  a cushy life, if it does not lead you to the foot of the Cross, will not be a meaningful life.  i'd take hardship & Christ over comfort any day.  two women who are living that our daily to me are two of my dearest friends, {rachel} & {libby}.  you should read their stories.


she gave us 6 key verses to memorize that went with our time:


eat 1:  Jeremiah 2:7 a
"I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit."


eat 2: Jeremiah 15:16
"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty."

pray 1: Jeremiah 29:12
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

pray 2: Jeremiah 33:3
"call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

love 1:  Jeremiah 31:3
"i have loved you with an everlasting love; i have drawn you with loving-kindness."

love 2: Jeremiah 33:11
"give thanks to the Lord Almighty, for the Lord is good; His love endures forever."


"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity."
jer. 29:12-14a

.our time was truly blessed.
more weekend / life happenings to come

1 comment:

  1. I just knew the Beth Moore program would be a blessing. She has a way of making God's word so relevant to our daily lives and struggles.

    ReplyDelete

i am thrilled to see your comments. please give me some more to be thrilled about...