homelifewithbjbuiltonrockintothekingdomcontact

Thursday, April 1, 2010

a day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

spring has sprung in the bluegrass & i couldn't be more pleased.  two years ago i walked to class nearly every single day and i never noticed the signs of spring on its way.  this year i have been so yearning for it to arrive that i've spotted nearly every bud i pass.  shame on me for being so unobservant for years!  all the trees in our neighborhood are on the verge of blooming and there are lilies everywhere!  people are mowing their yards, gardening & throwing barbques.  i love this.

today we have a high of 78 degrees here in lexington and the sun is shining.  i can't stop thinking of all the wonderful things i'd love to do with my time. outside.  in the sunshine.

ride a bike. 
preferably a beautiful vintage one.  with a basket.  and maybe a bell.
{via}
{via}
{via}

.have a picnic.
{via}
{via}

go for a walk with my lovely husband
{via}

and of course, hold hands
{one of my friend tyler's engagement pics stolen from fb}

quote in title from steve martin.

.get out there & enjoy some warm rays.

4 comments:

  1. oh! 78* sounds so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just brightened my day girl! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have hit 80 here in Chicago and I am loving it! A bike ride or picnic sounds fantastic. Love your images. They made me smile!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun pics! We have a high of 77 degrees here in Minnesota, and I'm counting down the seconds until I can get out of the office and play. Yahoo!!

    ReplyDelete

i am thrilled to see your comments. please give me some more to be thrilled about...